Thank you for considering regular donations to our charity.
Regular donations help us anticipate disasters and let us respond quicker. Sums given regularly help us to plan in advance how best to target your aid.
To make regular donations:
- Go to our donations page and please click “give monthly”.
- Or set up a regular donation through online banking. Net West is our bank: Our details are Account name: Wings Like Eagles. Account number: 22553851. Sort code: 52-21-18.
- Or make a donation via Stewardship, the Charity’s Aid Foundation (CAF), or the PayPal Giving Fund. All of these respected channels know about us.
If you want to donate by cheque, please use send them to us at Wings Like Eagles, 7 Bournemouth Road, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh SO53 3DA.
Please don’t forget the Gift Aid
If you are a UK tax payer, please also complete the Gift Aid form. And the government will add 25% to your regular donations to Wings Like Eagles.
- Download and complete our gift aid declaration form.
- Please sign it and send it to us at Wings Like Eagles, 7 Bournemouth Road, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh SO53 3DA.
Anticipation – a key benefit of regular giving
The key issue in many recent reports on improving disaster response is anticipation – see our summaries of theUN Special Report on Extreme Events (SREX) and the UK government’s Humanitarian Emergency Response Review (HERR).
Both reports talk about the need better to anticipate disasters, one says that the numbers of extreme events is on the increase and so anticipation is becoming more and more important. See the full HERR report.
Your regular donations really do help us with our rapid disaster response. They allow us to plan ahead. They mean we can accumulate funds in advance. Then Wings can release those funds very quickly and in advance.
The reports above show that the UN and the British Government both see better anticipation as how to help make our disaster response more effective. So you can help us. Thank you so much.
Long term solutions
The long term solution to humanitarian disasters is complex. It includes un-glamorous things like building regulations and codes and where people choose to live. It also includes climate studies and and making responses quicker.
So, Wings Like Eagles’ emphasis on rapid response helicopters is just a small part of the picture of improving life for the world’s most vulnerable. However, it is an important part.
For an indication of how people view helicopters have a look at this…
They get it! Please help us to help them by making regular donations. Thank you.
If you only wanted to make a single gift or a single donation then please press here.